Research and Development
A key part of our Research & Development effort is focused on the development and continuous improvement of our Porcelain Bodies, either for improving its mechanical strength and its workability through the Wet Process.
Cerisol together with the of University of Aveiro, which is well known worldwide as a Center of Excellence in the Ceramic field, namely through its the associate laboratory CICECO – Aveiro Institute of Materials share knowledge and passion generating ideas and innovations that reflect in the final products quality and reliability.
Cerisol is well equipped and has all the skills required to design all types of insulators conceived to a great variety of applications following IEC and ANSI international standards and customer specifications. The focus of our Design efforts are to:
- Improve mechanical and electrical features
- Improve insulation capacity to high levels of pollution through the evolution of shed profile
- Improve the shed and core design to reduce weight
- Reduce material use and reject rates
- RASTROCER is one of the key tools developed in house used through all the insulators manufacturing process. It allows us to collect data and monitor each single insulator at each manufacturing stage, using bar coding devices.
- The system is able to track the status and history of all the insulators that we manufactured. The collected data allow us to permanently control each manufacturing stage which in turn enables us to provide our customers with an updated information on order status.
- Another use of this data is for product research and development and manufacturing process improvement.